Ivan, Jane and Violet
You will see that my success rate proved variable, happily reaching back to her GGF11s for the Allens, Stiles and Hilliers, to the GGF9 of the Pennys, GGF8 for the Cranes, GGF5 for the Cullifords, but only able to reach to her GGF3s for the Perrys and O’Sullivans.
Three-quarters of these branches are firmly rooted in the West Country, the Allens coming from deep into Cornwall, the final quarter in Ireland. So we can confirm Jane’s a Celt!
- GGF1 – William Charles Allen – traced back to her GGF13 John Allen, born 1520 in Cornwall
- GGM1 – Rebecca Culliford – traced to GGF5 Nicholas Culliford, born 1710 in Bampton, Devon
- GGF1 – Thomas Sullivan Perry – traced to GGF3 Thomas Perry (1806-1896) born in Ireland
- GGM1 – Mary Ellen O’Sullivan – traced to GGF3 John Sullivan Jr (1806-?) also Ireland
- GGF1 – Richard Stiles – traced to GGF11 Henrie Stiles, born about 1580, in Wiltshire
- GGM1 – Louisa Emma Crane – traced to GGF8 Joseph Crane born in 1592, in Somerset
- GGF1 – George Alfred Hillier – traced to GGF11 John Hillier born in 1540 at Honiton-On-Otter, Devonshire
- GGM1 – Jane Lucy Penny – traced to GGF7 Thomas Penny, born in 1635 in Somerset
Next let’s examine the fifteen family principals and establish the eight branches that we will follow: