|Dates:||8 Jul – 8 Sep 1858|
|Days:||c 60 days|
|Venue:||Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, Place du Théâtre/Place d’Armes|
|Theme:||Fine arts, industry and agriculture|
|Awards:||A Medal of Honour was awarded to Jules Bessy, a cereal trader from Chalon-sur-Saône|
At the end of 1857 the Society of Friends of Dijon Arts decided to hold an arts, industry and agriculture exhibition. On 7 January 1858 the Dijon municipality examined its feasibility and proposed the inclusion of the Côte-d’Or horticulture society and involved music companies. The Cote D’or prefect approved the project on 16 January. The fair opened on 8 July after being deferred from 1 June.
The Dijon Exposition took place in the former Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, on the Place du Théâtre and Place d’Armes. It included Fine Art, Agriculture and Industry.
Dijon 1858 venue
Dijon opening, illustration by Janet, 1858