It was evidently the French expositions that set the scene during this period. But, other European countries were far from slow in taking up the notion and organising events encompassing new markets, among other objectives, to build national pride. In this first-half of the 19th century it was not just state-sponsored events, others were driven by commercial interests too.
- 5.1 German events 1811-1850
- 5.2 Benelux events before 1850
- 5.3 UK events 1811-1850
- 5.4 Italian events 1811-1850
- 5.5 French events 1811-1850
- 5.6 Miscellaneous events 1811-1850